Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Garage Door Installation - How To Avoid The Headache Of Installing It Yourself

Bare with me, I'm going to go on a little rant. The other day I overheard a guy complaining about the price of installation for a high-end garage door he was going to buy for his home. This totally boggled my mind.

Here he is about to buy a top-of-the-line, custom build garage door. He had a cool corrugated steel looking sectional door that I would've died to have. I really like steel more than wood because it just looks cooler and requires less maintenance. If you get a wood door, you have to continually perform maintenance to prevent any cracking or warping of the wood as it ages.

Anyway, this guys door cost around $3,500 and he was hassling about a $400 installation. Maybe he is an expert handyman, but I would've gladly paid the money and not have to worry about installing a heavy steel door. Some people like a challenge, but I can think of many other fun things to do that involve me sweating and struggling to install a garage door.

External Sources:
Garage Door Pricing and Installation Guide
Garage Door Installation

No comments:

Post a Comment